I love this Christmassy time of year…
Anything can happen, at anytime. I know this. I breathe this everyday. But, yet, at this time of year, my awareness is heightened to “anything can happen x 3”.
I love the lights, the quieting atmosphere, the childrens’ laughter.
Of course there are the opposites to all of this – the craziness, the debt, the pushing to spend, family drama…la tee da.
I don’t care. I love this time of year. I love the magic it inspires in people to do good, or even just a little better. I’m not sure why it all boils down to this time of year being when we feel everything so much more: love, loss, sensitivity and so forth…but it is within our culture to do so. I try to live with this feeling in my heart 365 days a year. It is my challenge and quest to do so. Each year I hope we find what we are looking for and we can all find peace.
So if you can find a few moments to sit in silence and just open the heart to a multitude of gratefulness, ask yourself or your guides around you to help you fulfill your Christmas wish.
Try this little Christmas or Yuletide blessing. Any of the parts shall do depending on how much time you have for yourself.
- Take a salt bath of any kind. I love orange and eucalyptus oils in my bath this time of year.
- Light a few candles and just soak. Maybe listen to some soft music, close your eyes and breathe.
- When you are ready to get out of the tub, take your time dressing or just put on a fluffy robe.
- Sit down in a quiet spot, by candlelight or Christmas light if you can, close your eyes and just notice your breath. How great it is just to sit and breath in and out. Do this for as long as you can…5 minutes is a good start.
- Then ask for or wish for anything. Open your heart, maybe visualize your heart surrounded by light, and send your wishes out. Ask your angels, guides, god or whoever you resonate with when you pray or meditate to hear you. Believe in all your wishes and prayers.
- When you feel ready, take a deep breath and release it out your mouth.
- Have a tea light ready and light it as a representation of your wishes, dreams, prayers and gratitudes.
- Maybe sit again just smiling or feeling soft or light for as long as you want.
- Sip on a cup of tea, listen to quiet music and then curl up for the night. I love Sarah McLachlan’s Wintersong or Loreena McKennitt’s winter albums to inspire me.
Many winter blessings to you all.